SubjectStatic/Global Arrays
Hi,

I have tabulated lists of static and global arrays in the
2.4.16 kernel. I am posting the information here in case it may be
of interest to some of you. I would recommend starting with the
linux/kernel and linux/fs tables, as these are the most complete.

http://lse.sourceforge.net/resource/#staticarray

Background:
-----------
These tables were created as part of a larger effort to identify
static resource limits which could perhaps be made dynamic or
configurable. The notes column should eventually contain the
following information.

(1) A _very_ brief description of the array
(2) Any static limits associated with resource
allocation should be noted.

See the linux/kernel and linux/fs tables for examples of these notes.

Moving Forward:
---------------
Many of the arrays in these tables have not yet been annotated.
For me this has been very educational - lots of unfamiliar source
code to read. For many of you, it would be simply a matter of noting
things you already understand. If you find this information useful
and feel inclined to contribute, I would welcome contributions and/or
modifications to the notes in these tables.

- Russ
--
Russ Weight (rweight@us.ibm.com)
Linux Technology Center