SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] CML2 1.9.7 is available
Keith Owens <kaos@ocs.com.au>:
> OUCH! The output from make menuconfig has significantly more options
> than make oldconfig when given exactly the same input. I thought one
> of the selling points for CML2 was different front ends but with
> identical back end processing. I don't like the way that the resulting
> config varies when fed to different front ends.

Not a big deal -- all the produced config.outs are logically equivalent.
Your differences all consist of symbols saved out as n in one version and not
saved at all in the other. It *would* be serious cause for alarm if that
were not the case.

The simplification in the saveability-predicate logic I just did for
1.9.8 made may help solve this problem.

.. a government and its agents are under no general duty to
provide public services, such as police protection, to any
particular individual citizen...
-- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)