    SubjectRe: Kernel-2.4.17pre8 & invalidate: busy buffer
    >Currently while running on a RedHat Linux 7.2 box with kernel-
    >2.4.17pre8, whenever I run the "hdparm -t /dev/sda3" command, the
    >following error message will appear around 33+ times
    >in /var/log/messages as well as "dmesg" .
    >invalidate: busy buffer
    >The machine in question is a Dell PowerEdge 2550 with an AACRAID
    >controller and 2 x 18GB HDs in RAID-1 configuration and /dev/sda3 being
    >mount as / .

    That's interesting. I've been seeing this message for some time now
    (I think since around 2.4.15 at least, maybe longer). I modified the
    printk to display the device number, and at that time, it seemed to
    always originate from the partition that had a mounted HFS volume.
    So I just added that to my (long) list of HFS bugs to fix when I
    find enough time to dive into it.

    However, I just got a report from some users having the same message
    displayed when using parted and with no HFS partition (HFS filesystem
    not loaded). I personally see this messages when using/leaving MacOnLinux
    emulator (which is opening the block device of a partition that is also
    mounted), or when shutting down the box.

    Al, any clue ? Something you want me to do to track it further down ?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.023 / U:32.600 seconds]