    SubjectRe: highmem, aic7xxx, and vfat: too few segs for dma mapping
    >So according to this, zero.

    Thanks for the info - its the first useful report I've gotten todate. 8-)
    I believe I've found and fixed the bug. I've changed a few other things
    in the driver for the 6.2.5 release, so once I've tested them I'll release
    new patches. In the mean time, you should be able to avoid the problem by
    moving the initialization of scb->sg_count to 0 in the function:

    to before the statement:

    if (cmd->use_sg != 0) {

    I'd give you diffs, but these other changes in my tree need more testing
    before I'll feel comfortable releasing them. I also don't have a 2.5 tree
    downloaded yet to verify that the driver functions there.

    In order to reproduce the bug, you need to issue a command that uses
    all of the segments of a given transaction and then have a command with
    use_sg == 0 be the next command to use that same SCB. This explains why
    I was not able to reproduce the problem here.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.067 / U:2.136 seconds]