    SubjectRe: NFS woes in 2.5.1-pre8

    > I'm not sure if this is expected or not, but I'm seeing odd
    > behaviour with NFS on 2.5.1-pre8:

    > [root@assabet bin]$vdir ../lib -rwxr-xr-x 1 51 51 29091 Dec 12
    > 2001 ../lib: Input/output error
    > Admittedly raistlin is running a rather old, obsolete NFS
    > server, which has up until now worked faultlessly for around 2
    > years: Universal NFS Server 2.2beta48

    > Appologies, but I'm not sure how I got it into this state
    > either - last thing I had done was to overwrite the files in
    > ../lib and bin with new sets on the NFS server. The only
    > directory that is suffering is ../lib. (there's bin and
    > ../include as well, both of which would've had their files
    > overwritten with later versions).

    There are (as of yet) no changes to the NFS client in 2.5.x.

    Do you have any idea which syscall the above EIO is coming from? From
    your tcpdump, it didn't appear to be coming from the server, and the
    file attributes are getting displayed...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.031 / U:156.352 seconds]