SubjectRe: 2.4.16 & OOM killer screw up (fwd)
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 11, Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

> Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@suse.de> writes:
>
> >Lack of documentation is not a bug, period. Also it's not true that I'm
>
> I scare myself shitless that you as the one responsible for something
> as crucial as MM in the Linux kernel, has such an attitude towards
> software development especially when people like RvR as for docs.
>
> Sorry, but to me this sounds like something from M$ (MAPI? You don't
> need MAPI documentation. We know what we're doing. You don't need to
> know how Windows XX works. It's enough that we know).
>
> Actually, you _do_ get documentation from M$. Something, one can't say

How do you know the documentation matches the actual code?

> about the Linux MM-sprikled-with holy-penguin-pee subsystem.

In Linux, you get even more: You can look at the code itself.

> I'm not happy about your usage of magic numbers, either. So it is
> still running on solid 2.2.19 until further notice (or until Rik loses
> his patience. ;-) )

Oh, the 2.2.19 VM is from Andrea ;)

> Regards
> Henning
-o)
Hubert Mantel Goodbye, dots... /\\
_\_v

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.265 / U:0.304 seconds]