    SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] Converting the 2.5 kernel to kbuild 2.5
    On Fri, 07 Dec 2001, Horst von Brand wrote:

    > > CML2 hacking requires knowing Python; kernel hacking does not.
    > CML2 hacking _is_ kernel hacking, if you like to call it such or not.

    There is hacking CML2 (the configuration files), and there is hacking
    CML2 tools (rule compiler, GUI, ...), only the latter of which requires
    Python knowledge.

    Python is not that hard too read, and there's always someone you can ask
    to explain you some clauses you don't get; and although I've never
    looked at the CML2 tools, I looked at fetchmail, and the source has
    EXTENSIVE documentation compared to many other projects, so I don't
    think Eric did spaghetti (obfuscated) code in his CML2 tools. After all,
    it would not be too helpful to counter the goals for CML2 with the very

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.021 / U:1.492 seconds]