    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.17-pre8
    On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

    > Here goes pre8: The next one is going to be -rc1 so please don't send me
    > any more updates and only bugfixes now.

    I'd like to suggest again having patches include change logs. The basic
    idea is for a patch to contain a file like patch.foo in the top-level that
    includes the changelog entry and the maintainer runs a release script that
    build a changelog by concatenating all the patch.* files and then
    either appending them to an actual ChangeLog (preferred) or deleting
    them. This would make it much easier for people to know the details of
    what got fixed without further burdening The Maintainer.

    One way to get this started would be to gather up all the existing
    change logs, add them to a ChangeLog file, and add a note about the file
    being auto-generated.