SubjectRe: Coding style - a non-issue
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> And don't EVER make the mistake that you can design something better than
> what you get from ruthless massively parallel trial-and-error with a
> feedback cycle. That's giving your intelligence _much_ too much credit.

So, are we going to take out the appendix in 2.5 or will
we continue hoping our kernel doesn't catch an illness
without actually doing anything preventive ?

Biological selection does nothing except removing the weak
ones, it cannot automatically create systems which work well.

In short, I believe the biological selection is just that,
selection. The creation of stuff will need some direction.

regards,

Rik
--
Shortwave goes a long way: irc.starchat.net #swl