SubjectAssertion failure wth ext3 on standard Redhat 7.2 kernel
Date
Hi,

I have recently upgraded my machine to redhat 7.2 (from redhat 6.2) and I am
constantly (eg < 1 hour of uptime) getting kernel crashes which I believe
are relating to ext3. I know I should submit this to redhat's bugzilla, but
before I do I was hoping someone on the list might want to comment as I am
sure it is probably something I am doing wrong.

The machine has previously been rock solid, and the only hardware change I
have made recently is to add an extra 64M of RAM (Total 128MB). I have run
memtest86 on it for 10 hours with no errors reported.

The last error I get is
Assertion failure in __journal_file_buffer() at transaction.c:1953:
"jh->b_jlist < 9". I can still switch between consoles, but cannot do much
else other than press the reset button :(

The machine is a Pentium233MMX with a 430FX (Trition I) motherboard.

Please let me know if I can gather any more information to help track this
down.

-Robert

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans