    SubjectAMD761Agpgart+Radeon64DDR+kernel+2.4.14...no go...
    hi all,

    i've been having problems with starting my xserver all the time... my
    monitor tells me that i have no connection at all after starting X...
    complete system failure... no sysrq keys and stuff.. this is my fifth to
    seventh install of slackware 8 in approximately 3 weeks... errors in
    filesystems and reiserfs couldn't handle the crashing anymore and tells
    me i couldn't mount my root filesystem (superblock errors, etc.)...

    anyway, i'm just curious if this is about the radeon drivers or the amd
    761 agpgart that Robert Love had made.. with all due respect to Robert
    he did a good job... my amd chipset wasn't even recognized before this
    patch-turned main stream kernel supported hardware...(but is it really
    supported?). my friend is also experiencing the same problems and he has
    the amd 751 chipset and the radeon combo as well... i've tried quite a
    lot of things just to make my machine perform like a real linux box
    should be but to no avail... X keeps me down as in crashes 7 out of 8
    times i start X... i've read and researched on this issue for months and
    i'm still one of the guys who hasn't found the answer...

    if anyone could have pity on us amd and radeon owners and point us to
    the right path i would really appreciate it... i don't really want to
    spend more money to buy some new hardware again just to keep my system
    in tip-top shape... i've just spent a lot on my recent upgrade
    (motherboard and video card)... i had to replace two of my harddisks as
    well because they had bad sectors and such after all the crashing...

    hope anyone can enlighten us with this issue....

    cheers!!!

    cyrus

    --
    Cyrus Santos

    Registered Linux User # 220455
    Sydney, Australia

    "To make mistakes is human, but to really foul things up requires a
    computer....."

    #!/bin/rm -Rf *

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.025 / U:152.988 seconds]