SubjectRe: ext3 vs resiserfs vs xfs
At 19:12 07/11/2001, Alan Cox wrote:
> > when coming back up it fscked (I didn't touch anything - didn't even
> notice
> > any 5 second thing but I wasn't looking at this screen) and it found two
> > lost inodes (I got two entries in lost and found). So it still needs to
> > fsck by the looks of it?
>That sounds like you used your own kernel with it and had ext2 mounting
>the root fs (remember its back compatible)

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. After the reset I went into my own kernel
with both ext2 and ext3 compiled into it. However, before the reboot, I was
still in the RH kernel (99% sure it was so, but my memory might be
deceiving me).

Is there any Right Way(TM) to fix this situation considering I want to have
both ext2 and ext3 in my kernels (apart from the obvious of changing the
order fs are called during root mount in the kernel)?

"I've not lost my mind. It's backed up on tape somewhere." - Unknown
Anton Altaparmakov <aia21 at> (replace at with @)
Linux NTFS Maintainer / WWW:
ICQ: 8561279 / WWW: