    SubjectRe: ext3 vs resiserfs vs xfs
    Date
    On Wednesday 07 November 2001 3:23 pm, Alan Cox wrote:
    > > I just set up a RedHat 7.2 box with ext3, and after a few tests/chrashes,
    > > I see no difference at all. After a chrash, it really wants to run fsck
    > > anyway. I've tried ReiserFS before, with no fsck after chrashes - is this
    >
    > Umm RH 7.2 after an unexpected shutdown will give you a 5 second count down
    > when you can choose to force an fsck - ext3 doesnt need an fsck but
    > sometimes folks might want to force it thats all

    Hm.. after a decidedly unclean shutdown, I decided to force an fsck here and
    my ext3 partition DID have two inode errors on fsck... (Having said that, the
    last entry in syslog was from the SCSI driver, and ext3's journalling
    probably doesn't help much when the disk it's on goes AWOL...)

    James.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.048 / U:0.456 seconds]