SubjectRe: Yet another design for /proc. Or actually /kernel.
Ahh yes I've seen that happen.  It's not too common in standard unix
practices, but comes up a lot when mounting windows shares. Mounting
"//bobs computer/my folder with stuff in it" does not have good results.
Only way I found to fix that was to umount -a -t smbfs.

-Justin