    SubjectRe: ext3 vs resiserfs vs xfs
    On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 12:15:12PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Anton Altaparmakov wrote:

    > > > notice
    > > >
    > > >That sounds like you used your own kernel with it and had ext2 mounting
    > > >the root fs (remember its back compatible)
    > >
    > > Yes, that makes a lot of sense. After the reset I went into my own kernel
    > > with both ext2 and ext3 compiled into it. However, before the reboot, I was
    > > still in the RH kernel (99% sure it was so, but my memory might be
    > > deceiving me).
    > >
    > > Is there any Right Way(TM) to fix this situation considering I want to have
    > > both ext2 and ext3 in my kernels (apart from the obvious of changing the
    > > order fs are called during root mount in the kernel)?
    > >

    > There's a fair bit of material on this at
    >
    > http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/ext3/ext3-usage.html
    >
    > executive summary:
    >
    > - use latest util-linux and e2fsprogs
    > - Make the root fs have fstype `ext3' in /etc/fstab
    > - Make the others `auto'
    > - Alternatively, use "ext3,ext2" in fstab.

    I have a switch "data=journal" that ext2 will choke on when I boot into an
    ext2 only kernel.

    Is there another way to change the journaling mode besides modifying
    /etc/fstab?

    It'd be nice if it could be a compile time switch for default journal mode...

    Mike

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.026 / U:30.336 seconds]