    SubjectRe: Oops when syncing Sony Clie 760 with USB cradle
    On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 12:23:27AM +0100, Stephan Gutschke wrote:
    > there you go, the output from /proc/bus/usb/devices
    > By the way I have an Clie N710C which is upgraded
    > to an 760 with OS 4.1S, shouldnt make a difference,
    > but I just wanted to let you know.

    Ah, that might make the difference. It looks like the number of
    endpoints is different on this device, than any other 4.x Clie devices
    (they should have 4 bulk endpoints.) The older devices have 2 endpoints
    (endpoints are usually done in hardware)

    This Clie is reporting to the driver that it _does_ have 2 "ports" (a
    port is 2 endpoint pairs in this scheme), but in reality, it doesn't.
    The lying device is then causing the driver to oops when it tries to
    write to a port that isn't even there.

    I'm going to have to rework the driver to fix this problem, give me a
    day or so to come up with a solution. Are you willing to try a patch
    when I have something?

    Thanks for the good error reporting, it really helped.

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.047 / U:48.744 seconds]