    Subject2.4.14-pre8 stress testing
    We've been doing some stress testing on 2.4.14-pre8 here.  So far the
    results look positive, with the exception of an SMP PAE kernel on one of
    our 8-ways.

    - A UP kernel with no highmem passed all our tests on 256M/512M and
    800M/1600M RAM/Swap combo's.

    - An SMP kernel with highmem=4G passed all our tests on two 1G/2G dual
    processor configurations.

    The problem kernel is statically linked, with HIGHMEM=64G, SMP, NFS
    client and server V3, eepro100, and the sym53c8xx driver. The machine
    is an 8xPIII configured as 8G/16G.

    The machine ran the test suite for ~17 hours, and then gradually began
    to slow down to the point where key presses at a virtual console took
    many seconds to echo. Eventually, the machine became unresponsive. The
    test harness clock is still ticking, and I can change VC's, but that's
    about it. Magic Sysrq doesn't give me anything except the name of the
    corresponding command. The machine does not appear to have generated
    any oops output.

    If I can provide you with anymore info, please let me know.
    Bob Matthews
    Red Hat, Inc.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.030 / U:14.032 seconds]