    SubjectXT-PIC vs IO-APIC and PCI devices
    I'm trying to get a PCI device (network) to work on one of my
    boxes, and thus far i've only managed to get it to work with "noapic".
    Without that kernel option the card stops processing interrupts (as can be
    observed in /proc/interrupts) after about ~100 on each CPU. Are there any
    things i should look out for when trying to track down the problem?
    I've tried swapping the card around in different slots just in case it
    was an IRQ routing problem (as suggested by various folks) to no avail.
    The box is an IBM Netfinity 3500M20 SMP rig.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

    Zwane Mwaikambo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.020 / U:19.860 seconds]