SubjectRe: Coding style - a non-issue
Date
Hi Larry,

On November 30, 2001 06:27 pm, Larry McVoy wrote:
> I think that if you ask around, you'll find that the pros use a coding
> style that isn't theirs, even when writing new code. They have evolved
> to use the prevailing style in their environment. I know that's true for
> me, my original style was 4 space tabs, curly braces on their own line,
> etc. I now code the way Bill Joy codes, fondly known as Bill Joy normal
> form.

Err, because you're still working at Sun? I'll just ignore that last little
non sequitur, your comment about professionals adapting to the prevailing
standards is right on.

On the other hand, the idea of a coding style hall of shame - publicly
humiliating kernel contributers - is immature and just plain silly. It's
good to have a giggle thinking about it, but that's where it should stop.

--
Daniel