    SubjectRe: Coding style - a non-issue
    On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 16:26, Larry McVoy wrote:

    Hi,

    > Perhaps it would be illuminating to know that I was BSD hacker,
    > and that I learned the value of this particular technique from

    I know. You tell us this again and again. Please stop patronizing.

    > Sun's kernel group, who once upon a time were the best BSD group
    > on the planet. It might also be illuminating to consider that
    > this technique of getting people to listen is still in use at
    > Sun to this day.

    It might be enlightening to you that a closed users group of SUN coders
    is not compareable to a worldwide distributed environment of thousands
    of people and companies.

    > Perhaps Sun's professionalism is not what you'd like to see here.#

    You tell me, that SUN treated _CUSTOMERS_ and companies that wanted to
    support SunOS 4.1.x like that? If yes, then I definitely know why they
    went SysV. Surely noone wanted BSD any longer.

    I would consider the internal development groups in SUN that treated
    each other like this also "in need of a change". :-)

    Regards
    Henning

    --
    Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
    INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH hps@intermeta.de

    Am Schwabachgrund 22 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0 info@intermeta.de
    D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20