    SubjectRe: PNP Bios
    > The pnpbios driver the -ac kernels had a driver registration
    > interface. Is that the only or the best way for drivers to
    > use the PnP BIOS? Given that a lot of drivers already use

    Its longer term hopefully how all driver interfaces barring the
    real legacy ISA crud will work. We need to make them all look as
    similar as possible.

    > However we decide to make pnpbios services available to
    > drivers, we have smp and hotplug issues to sort out too.

    Yep - thats why the docking thread is there. Now we can make it

    > PnP BIOS configures our machines. Mark the driver
    > "experimental" if you like, but please put it in.

    Submit it to Linus. I'd agree

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.022 / U:37.740 seconds]