SubjectRe: task_struct.mm == NULL
Hi Frank,

It can be NULL for kernel threads which do not have a user address
space. Nevertheless, their tsk->active_mm would not be NULL but point to
some process' address space.

The point of having active_mm is to minimize TLB flushes on switching
address spaces when the task is scheduled out.

Regards,
Tigran

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Frank Cornelis wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I found in some code checks for task_struct.mm being NULL.
> When can task_struct.mm of a process be NULL except right before the
> process-kill?
>
> Frank.
>
> -

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans