SubjectRe: procfs bloat, syscall bloat [in reference to cpu affinity]
On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 03:04:27AM -0500, Joe Korty wrote:

| I am not against a proc interface per se, I would like a proc interface,
| especially for the
| reading of affinity values. But in my view the system call interface
| should also exist
| and it should be the dominate way of communicating affinity to processes.

IWSTM that the way you would justify this being a system call would also
suggest working with non-linux kernel developers (both open source as well
as commercial) to determine a mutually agreed syntax/semantic for this
call to further ensure the basis of the universality that ensure it will
be one of those "forever" facilities, and maybe even make it into a future

You opened the camel's mouth; do you want to check the teeth?

| Phil Howard - KA9WGN | Dallas | |
| | Texas, USA | |