    SubjectRe: procfs bloat, syscall bloat [in reference to cpu affinity]
    On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 03:04:27AM -0500, Joe Korty wrote:

    | I am not against a proc interface per se, I would like a proc interface,
    | especially for the
    | reading of affinity values. But in my view the system call interface
    | should also exist
    | and it should be the dominate way of communicating affinity to processes.

    IWSTM that the way you would justify this being a system call would also
    suggest working with non-linux kernel developers (both open source as well
    as commercial) to determine a mutually agreed syntax/semantic for this
    call to further ensure the basis of the universality that ensure it will
    be one of those "forever" facilities, and maybe even make it into a future
    standard.

    You opened the camel's mouth; do you want to check the teeth?