SubjectRe: [patch] sched_[set|get]_affinity() syscall, 2.4.15-pre9
On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 02:13, Joe Korty wrote:

> I have not yet seen the patch, but one nice feature that a system call
> interface could provide is the ability to *atomically* change the cpu
> affinities of sets of processes -- for example, all processes with a
> certain uid or gid. All that would be required would be for the system
> call to accept a command integer value which would define what the
> argument integer value would mean -- a pid, a gid, or a uid.

Effecting all tasks matching a uid or some other filter is a little
beyond what either patch does. Note however that both interfaces have
atomicity.

You can open and write to proc from within a program ... very easily, in
fact.

Also, with some sed and grep magic, you can set the affinity of all
tasks via the proc interface pretty easy. Just a couple lines.

Robert Love

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.092 / U:2.400 seconds]