    Subject[ANNOUNCEMENT] Linux 2.0.40-pre3
    Here comes another one. Unless I receive some more patches, the next
    patch will be the first release-candidate for v2.0.40

    2.0.40pre3

    o Fix typo in sched.c (Tim Sutherland)
    | this time for real; I applied this
    | patch to the wrong kernel-tree last
    | time, hence the reject
    o IDE probe patch for some ATAPI drives (Geert Van der Plas)

    2.0.40pre2

    o Make pci2000 compile (Joseph Martin)
    o Use KERNELRELEASE in module (me)
    installpath as well
    o Removed unused variable in (me)
    ext2/super.c
    o Fixed warning in ext2/dir.c (me)
    o Fix a blunder of my own in (me)
    arch/kernel/i386/traps.c
    o Fix typo in sched.c (Tim Sutherland)
    o Fix bug in mkdep.c (Tim Sutherland)
    o Fix bug in autoirq.c (Michael Deutschmann)
    o Add allocation debugging code (Michael Deutschmann)
    o Fix bugs in the math-emu code (Bill Metzenthen,
    Michael Deutschmann)

    2.0.40pre1

    o Fixed the ordering of (Philipp Rumpf)
    watchdog initialising, to make sure
    hardware watchdogs takes precedence
    over the softdog driver
    o Fix the CREDITS-entry for (Kai Petzke)
    Kai Petzke
    o Updated the MAINTAINERS-file a little (me)
    o Fix "dumpable"-race (Solar Designer)
    o Fix theoretical exploit in printk (Solar Designer)
    o Backported checkconfig.pl, (me)
    checkhelp.pl and checkincludes.pl
    from v2.4
    o Backported support for tags and (me)
    TAGS
    o Added an extra-version entry to (me)
    the version#, to keep track of
    the prepatches etc.
    o Fix all occurences of (me)
    #endif BLABLA type; don't forget
    that it should be /* BLABLA */ !!!

    /David
    _ _
    // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
    // Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel // Dance across the winter sky //
    \> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:2.980 / U:0.008 seconds]