    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.16-pre1
    Anyhow, back to the original problem, it seems that everyone thinks you can devlope code and not have to maintain it at the same time. If linus doesnt maintain the 2.5 tree while he develops it, it will turn into an unweildly bloated mess. Now, from what I understand, linus doesnt wanna maintain the code, and thats why I think he should have someone to help him maintain the 2.5 tree while he develops it. As a project gets bigger, no matter if its the stable tree or development tree, it needs to be constantly trimmed and pruned like a real tree.