SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.16-pre1
Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
>
>>>Are these going to appear on the front page of kernel.org?
>>>
>>They have to...
>>
>>I'm sure hpa will do that as soon as he has time to...
>>

> I also decided that the suggestion to move the "testing" subdirectory down
> to below the kernel that the directory is for is a good idea.
>
> So I moved all the 2.5.x testing stuff to kernel/v2.5/testing, leaving the
> old kernel/testing directory basically orphaned.
>
> Marcelo could either take over the old directory (which will make his
> pre-patches show up on kernel.org automatically), or preferably just do
> the same thing, and make the v2.4 test patches in v2.4/testing (which will
> also require support from the site admin, who is probably overworked as-is
> with the RAID failures ;)
>
> Linus

I like this idea much better than Marcelo's idea, which requires yet a
whole slew of ad hoc knowledge in the scripts -- there is just way too
much of that already. I'll try to implement this.

To summarize:

I'll expect v2.5 prepatches in v2.5/testing; v2.4 prepatches in
v2.4/testing, and nothing else...

-hpa

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.150 / U:1.484 seconds]