    SubjectRe: Input/output error
    Andreas Dilger wrote:

    > I take it that this is after a normal shutdown where you are sure that
    > the filesystem was unmounted cleanly? It looks like a case where these
    > files are deleted, but held open by a process.

    It's a normal shutdown, every filesystem is unmounted cleanly, no
    complains from the os.

    > Could you please try the following:
    > - "telinit 1" to change into single user mode
    > - make sure all of the above processes are stopped (check via ps, and
    > "/etc/rc.d/init.d/foo stop" for each one
    > - "lsof | grep /var" to see if any files are still open on /var
    > - umount /var
    > - e2fsck -f /dev/hdX

    There are a few processes running: news, something called minilgd.Even
    with these programs running lsof shows no output. If I kill these
    programs and make a normal shutdown, it loocked much better. Only a
    complain about the keyboard lock.

    If I acted exactly like your advise, there is no problem with the restart.

    The processes running in 2.4.15 single user mode are exactly the same as
    in 2.4.14.

    Regards

    Hartmut

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.023 / U:0.172 seconds]