    SubjectRe: i386 flags register clober in inline assembly
    Followup to:  <>
    By author: Jan Hubicka <>
    In newsgroup:
    > Actually the main dificulty I see is storing cc0 to variable. CC0 is hard
    > register and pretty strange one - you can't move it, you can't spill. Using
    > the syntax above you can easilly make cc0 from asm statement to span another
    > cc0 set resulting in incorrect code or compiler crash.
    > (the code generator may insert any code in between statements as it don't
    > know he can't clobber cc0. In fact this is happening in from of if
    > construct as deffered stack deallocators are flushed).

    Why can't you move or spill it? There are a whole lot of ways you
    could do either: pushf, sahf, setcc...

    <> at work, <> in private!
    "Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot." <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.023 / U:0.228 seconds]