    SubjectRe: what hardware for AMD processors ?
    Date
    For SMP, your only options at the moment are the two Tyan boards.  We had
    some issues with them on multiple small (256MB) memory modules, but they
    have been kind to us since we moved to 512MB modules. Obviously, they
    have only been out a few months, so long-term stability is still up in the
    air.

    The latest revision we received can boot headless (no video card) off a
    serial port. Linux, of course, can run console off serial, too.

    We haven't had a hint of trouble with the Gigabyte GA-7DX, but we haven't
    pushed it past 1.2 GHz and 512MB. YMMV, especially since a couple people
    here mentioned issues with large capacity memory modules. The AMD 761's
    AGP support is also as fragile as glass -- not that it sounds like you'll
    use it.

    -- Brian

    On Friday 16 November 2001 01:06 pm, lk@Aniela.EU.ORG wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a question about AMD AthlonXP and AthlonMP:
    > What motherboards do you recomend for building an Atlon based network
    > server that will run 24/7 365days a year under high loads ? I need a
    > rock solid motherboard that can support at least 2GB of RAM, and
    > optionally integrated video card onboard.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.022 / U:181.936 seconds]