SubjectRe: ACPI: kbd-pw-on/WOL doesn't work anymore with 2.4.14
On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 10:05:48AM -0800, Patrick Mochel wrote:
> Wake events for devices that are controlled via the southbridge are
> considered General Purpose Events (GPEs). On the southbridge there are two
> banks of registers for GPEs - an enable bank and a status bank.

Hm, I've checked this out, but - no matter if I enable/disable Keyboard
Power ON and/or Wake On LAN, my /proc/acpi/gpe ever contains:

GPE0: 0f 00

Btw. If I disable one of them in the BIOS, it definitely does not work
then anymore, if I enable it, it works again - just before you consider
them as fakes :).

> (The kernel behavior would still have to change a bit, since the disabling
> of the GPEs doesn't regard the events that have been set to wake the
> system up).

Thanks :) Do you have an idea about when this comes up? :)

> Wake-on-Lan is a separate issue. If it's a PCI card with PM capabilities,
> telling it to generate a wake event means setting a bit in the PCI config
> space. You can do this with setpci. Why it would stop working, I don't
> know...

Well, I have no idea about ACPI to be exact, but regarding to the not
changing GPE in my case, I could imagine that the meaning for my board
is different :)

regards,
Mario
--
*axiom* welcher sensorische input bewirkte die output-aktion,
den irc-chatter mit dem nick "dus" des irc-servers