SubjectRe: Is this a kernel problem? segmentation fault
"Donald Harter" <> writes:

|> I started by debugging this program where I was getting a
|> segmentation fault. I used gdb and traced the bug to a call
|> instruction. I dissasembled the code and stepped through the
|> instructions. The program got a segmentation fault when it
|> executed an assembly language call instruction. Using gdb I was
|> able to disassemble the instructions at the called address. Why
|> can gdb disasemble instructions at a call address and a call to
|> that address fails with a segmentation fault?

Perhaps a stack overflow, or stack pointer is pointing to lala land.

Andreas Schwab "And now for something completely different."
SuSE Labs, SuSE GmbH, Schanzäckerstr. 10, D-90443 Nürnberg
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5