    SubjectRe: How can I jump to non-linux address space?
    On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 05:38:53PM -0700, Ian Thompson wrote:
    > I tried both of these, and I must be doing something wrong. For (1), I
    > grabbed the code you mentioned from the RiscPC port (setup_mm_for_reboot()
    > and some code from the soft reset routine). After calling
    > setup_mm_for_reboot, if I call __ioremap(), the processor hangs. If I shut
    > down the MMU, I get the same results.

    You will need to disable interrupts if the machine vectors are located at
    address 0 (check your boot logs with a recent kernel for a message like
    "Vectors relocated to ...").

    It's probably best to call cpu_proc_fin(), setup_mm_for_reboot() and
    cpu_reset(address) directly rather than making your own copy - these
    functions already do the right things for you. setup_mm_for_reboot()
    will remap all of user space with a 1:1 virtual to physical mapping,
    and hopefully on the Xscale, the two cpu_* functions do the intended
    setup for this (I've not reviewed the xscale stuff in any great detail
    yet though).

    --
    Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk) The developer of ARM Linux