    SubjectRe: Development Setups
    > I was thinking of starting with a modern machine for developing/compiling on,
    > and then older machine(s) for testing. This way I would not risk losing data

    That is how I work. One box editing/building and one testing. It also allows
    you to stare at dumps, oopses and things as well as the source at the same

    > Instead of having separate machines, there is the possibility of using the
    > Usermode port. As I understand it this lags behind the -ac and linus kernels
    > so it would be hard to test things like the new VM's. Usermode would not be

    Usermode Linux is merged with the -ac tree - it is great if you want to do
    non device driver hardware work.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:04    [W:0.032 / U:115.824 seconds]