    SubjectRe: DMA problem (?) w/2.4.6-xfs and ServerWorks OSB4 Chipset
    Date
    On Thursday 27 September 2001 06:55 pm, Alan Cox wrote:
    > Long answer "I have been chasing a specific problem with OSB4, seagate
    > drives and UDMA corruption. We can reliably reproduce it and see it on one
    > set of machines. Serverworks cannot reproduce it elsewhere"

    > I would thus be very interested if the current -ac "hardware just did
    > something impossibly stupid" trap is hit.

    Are you otherwise interested in machines seeing this problem? I have a
    candidate. I'm running a SuperMicro 370DL3 with a Seagate ST320423A. For the
    sake of simplicity I turned off DMA and filled the whole drive full of
    zeroes. I see data corruption (non-zero data) on an otherwise inactive
    machine just reading the drive back with "od", if I have DMA on with some
    settings (udma2 in particular fails). Currently I'm using just kernel 2.4.9,
    but if it would be useful I could run tests with kernels of your choosing.

    Ben Scarlet

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.023 / U:31.004 seconds]