Subject[OT] Module Licensing?
>> Since your program, which happens to consist of one open
>> source part and one proprietary part, is partly a derived
>> work from the kernel source (by using kernel header files
>> and the inline functions in it) your whole work must be
>> distributed under the GPL.
>
>This is obviously incorrect, that would say that
>
> #include <sys/types.h>
>
>means my app is now GPLed. Good luck enforcing that.

Your compiled object module might be a derived work, hence its
distribution would be restricted by the terms of the GPL version 2.
Your source code file would not be a derived work (under certain
currently widely-held assumptions about interface copyrights), and
hence could be distributed without restriction by the GPL.

Usual disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

Craig Milo Rogers

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.365 / U:0.584 seconds]