Subject2.4.14-pre6 + preempt dri lockup
Date
Using 2.4.14-pre6 and Love's preempt patch, i recompiled my X's matrox drm
driver and loaded it. All seemed well and good and i started X and it locked
up. I had to reboot. Upon rebooting I started X without loading the drm
module and disabling DRI and it loaded fine. Tis not good. The drm module
worked in every kernel prior to this one with and without the preempt patch.
I couldn't get an error message or anything but i did hear my monitor resync,
it just never displayed any kind of image. The entire system was
unresponsive.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans