    SubjectRe: scsi lockup with adaptec and advansys
    >Kernel version: 2.4.14-pre5

    >I am experiencing a kernel lockup under load: I am running three md5sum
    >processes on the Mandrake .iso files, starting mozilla and playing an
    >.mpg clip with vlc.

    What kind of system is this?

    Can you reproduce this on older kernels? With the aic7xxx_old driver?
    With older versions of the "new" aic7xxx driver?

    Since you are seeing "strange things" on two different controller types
    this smells like random memory corruption. With some experimentation
    with different kernel and driver versions, you might expose a pattern
    that helps track down what is going on.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.022 / U:1.064 seconds]