    SubjectRe: [announce] [patch] limiting IRQ load, irq-rewrite-2.4.11-B5

    On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Ben Greear wrote:

    > jamal wrote:
    > > No. NAPI is for any type of network activities not just for routers or
    > > sniffers. It works just fine with servers. What do you see in there that
    > > will make it not work with servers?
    > Will NAPI patch, as it sits today, fix all IRQ lockup problems for
    > all drivers (as Ingo's patch claims to do), or will it just fix
    > drivers (eepro, tulip) that have been integrated with it?

    Unfortunately amongst the three of us tulip seemed to be the most common.
    Robert has a gige intel. So patches appear only for those two drivers. I
    could write up a document on how to change drivers.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.019 / U:50.908 seconds]