SubjectRe: 3c59x:command 0x3002 did not complete! Status=0xffff
Hi Andrew,

Andrew Morton wrote:

> Harald Dunkel wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Does anybody know what this message in kern.log means?
> >
> > eth0: command 0x3002 did not complete! Status=0xffff
> >

> There's a function in the driver which issues reset commands to the
> hardware and then spins, waiting for completion. Usually it takes
> a single PCI cycle. In your case it timed out.
>
> It look to me like the NIC is powered down. Could you please
> send me a bunch of info:
>
> - Does the interface actually work after this message, or is
> it dead?

A ping to the assigned IP address works. But I cannot get a PPPoE
connection.

> - If the latter, did you warmboot from another OS?

I've got just Linux. The problem occurs after a warm boot as
it seems. When I do a power-down reset, then I don't get this
message, but I don't get a connection via PPPoE, either.

> - Does it help if you add the line
>
> options 3c59x enable_wol=1
>
> to /etc/modules.conf? (This is a misnomer - enable_wol
> enables the driver's power management functions).

No, this did not help. I found an old EMail with the suggestion
to add enable_wol=0, but this didn't help, either.

The problem came up this morning (12 hours ago). Before the it was
working, AFAICT.

Regards

Harri