    SubjectRe: 3c59x:command 0x3002 did not complete! Status=0xffff
    Hi Andrew,

    Andrew Morton wrote:

    > Harald Dunkel wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi folks,
    > >
    > > Does anybody know what this message in kern.log means?
    > >
    > > eth0: command 0x3002 did not complete! Status=0xffff
    > >

    > There's a function in the driver which issues reset commands to the
    > hardware and then spins, waiting for completion. Usually it takes
    > a single PCI cycle. In your case it timed out.
    >
    > It look to me like the NIC is powered down. Could you please
    > send me a bunch of info:
    >
    > - Does the interface actually work after this message, or is
    > it dead?

    A ping to the assigned IP address works. But I cannot get a PPPoE
    connection.

    > - If the latter, did you warmboot from another OS?

    I've got just Linux. The problem occurs after a warm boot as
    it seems. When I do a power-down reset, then I don't get this
    message, but I don't get a connection via PPPoE, either.

    > - Does it help if you add the line
    >
    > options 3c59x enable_wol=1
    >
    > to /etc/modules.conf? (This is a misnomer - enable_wol
    > enables the driver's power management functions).

    No, this did not help. I found an old EMail with the suggestion
    to add enable_wol=0, but this didn't help, either.

    The problem came up this morning (12 hours ago). Before the it was
    working, AFAICT.

    Regards

    Harri

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.030 / U:92.652 seconds]