    SubjectRe: priority queues on dp83820
    Date
    ok for everybody how's also's working with the dp83820 i've
    somp partial results.

    i disabled priority queuing for the moment and started
    debuging the vlan-tag stuff.

    at the moment it seams that:
    it looks like that the 83820 inserts the vlan tag corretly
    and callculates CRC. on the receiving side it detects the
    vlan-tag. but don't run with the idea that you may ask for
    automaticaly strip of the vlantag again. if you try the
    83820 gets confused with its own calculated CRC. when
    calculating CRC it must include the vlan tag on one side
    exclude it on the other side.

    how this works with priority queueing ?

    //chris

    On Friday 26 October 2001 16:01, Christian Widmer wrote:
    > has anybody try to use the priority queues of the dp83820?
    > or does somebody know where to get docu knewer then the
    > preliminary form february 2001?
    >
    > i wrote a driver for the dp83820. now i tried to use
    > priority queuing for prescheduled zero copy datastreans.
    > first i just whanted enable priority queueing without
    > inserting of any vlan tag. this works for 1 to 3 queues
    > like it sais in the docu (untagged packets are queued
    > like packets with priority 0). but when i enable the 4th
    > queue i receive all none tagged data on queue 1 instead
    > of queue 0. and if i enalbe vlan-tagging globaly or on
    > a per packet basis i don't get any interrupts on the
    > receiving side. has anybody an idea whats going on. if
    > you need the code to have a lock at - let me know, i
    > realy need some help.
    >
    > chris
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:11    [W:0.023 / U:30.172 seconds]