SubjectRe: Looking for bsd file system tools under linux .
On Oct 26, 2001  14:58 -0400, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
> Hello All , I am looking for pointers to bsd file system tools
> for use under Linux . A couple of searchs left me empty .
> I am hoping someone here has a pointer or two .
> What this is for is , I have a disk drive off of a bsd4.2 system
> that may have been used in a penetration of another system .
> The fstab file points at there having been a /var file system but
> when I do a 'fdisk -l' a partition for /var does not exist . Only
> two partitions are there for / & /usr . I am looking for some
> tools to see if the partiton was removed or if 'parted' may have
> been been used to squeese it out . Thank you for any pointers .

You may need to have BSD partition support enabled in the kernel in order
to access the partition. I would think fdisk would be able to show the
right data in all cases, but I've never used BSD partitions before either.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger \ "If a man ate a pound of pasta and a pound of antipasto,
\ would they cancel out, leaving him still hungry?"