    SubjectRe: Input on the Non-GPL Modules - legal nonsense

    >I keep hearing this type of reasoning. It flat-out doesn't work this way in
    >the legal system. This is similar to arguing that you didn't really stab
    >someone if you threw the knife instead of holding it. ("But your honor, once
    >the knife left my hand it really wasn't under my control...")

    What amazes me is that these legal arguments about the control programmers
    have over their software, are coming from the free software community. If
    Microsoft argued that anybody who wanted to write a program to link with
    Windows system DLLs had to give them 2% of the profits, they'd be blasted by
    the press, yet the free software community wants to argue that programmers
    can't use their APIs if they don't have certain licensing terms?!

    The irony is killing me.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:10    [W:0.020 / U:8.340 seconds]