    SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.20pre10
    Hi Alan, Bert.

    >> Are you saying that we can't divulge security problems in our own
    >> software anymore for fear of being sued by affected parties?

    > Not even affected parties - the government can do it too without
    > anyone else and indeed even if their are contractual agreements
    > between parties permitting the data to be released..

    Even if there are contractual agreements REQUIRING the data to be
    released between the parties (as currently exists between Lockheed
    and the USAF that require the mutual release of certain sensitive
    information), the government would have the right to prosecute both
    the USAF for releasing the information and Lockheed for accessing
    it once it had been released - even if nobody at Lockheed ever read
    the information in question.

    That is how ludicrous it is.

    If the said bill ever becomes law, then the US will of necessity become
    a third world nation. However, until the idiots sponsoring it get their
    faces muddied, the rest of us have to act in just such an insane way!!!

    > I hope to have the security stuff up on a non US citizen accessible
    > site in time for 2.2.20 final

    That's an impossibility!!! However, if you remove the word "citizen"
    from that statement, then it becomes possible.

    Best wishes from Riley (a US citizen living in England).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:10    [W:2.204 / U:0.020 seconds]