   From: Sten <>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 00:50:42 +0200 (CEST)

Well the thing is that I like todo evil things,
like connecting sgi flatpanels to creator3d's, using
non sun blessed ( aka sub 1000$ ) ethernet cards or
sticking in wierd raid cards.

Which is why I like linux ;)

Having source is great because I can break it,
and maybe learn something in the process.

All of this is irrelevant to going over the 3.5MB mark,
I contend that your machine simply does not need it no matter
what obscure stuff you stick into it :-)

Turn off the PCI device names, that is usually what eats up a
lot of space and lspci provides the same info anyways...

Franks a lot,
David S. Miller