    SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.20pre10
    At 6:47 PM -0500 10/22/01, Steven Walter wrote:
    > > That seems like a willful misreading of the original. Where did you
    >> get "consent"? Alan suggests that non-rebellion implies lack of
    >> consciousness, which doesn't imply consent.
    >Seems like, but isn't. It's every citizen's responsibility to be aware
    >of the matters concerning the State. If they aren't, then again it is
    >their own fault.

    I don't quarrel with the fact that you assert that. However, it does
    not follow from Alan's statement.

    And if non-rebellion by a citizenry against immoral behavior by its
    government justifies the slaughter of that citizenry, then, to quote
    Jefferson in a slightly different context, " Indeed I tremble for my
    country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot
    sleep forever."
    /Jonathan Lundell.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:10    [W:0.022 / U:30.352 seconds]