    SubjectRE: Linux 2.2.20pre10
    On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Craig Dickson wrote:

    > However, I think it's fair to say that the production and distribution
    > of complete changelogs, such that all users have access to them, is an
    > important part of the job of being the official maintainer for a
    > project, especially such an important project as the stable branch of
    > the Linux kernel.

    Maybe Alan will allow publishing of the changelogs on ?

    > From the statistics I've seen in the past, a high percentage of
    > Linux users are US residents.

    If they're unhappy with the consequences of US law, they
    should move.

    > Perhaps you should step down.

    Alan is doing an absolutely fantastic job of maintaining
    the kernel, I see absolutely no reason why he should stop
    doing that.

    If you want the changelogs for the kernel published in
    the US, why don't you publish them, under your name and
    your full responsability ?

    DMCA, SSSCA, W3C? Who cares? (volunteers needed)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:08    [W:0.047 / U:1.500 seconds]