SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.20pre10
bill davidsen wrote:

> In article <E15veDQ-0001nl-00@the-village.bc.nu>
> alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk wrote:
> | > This would then presumably lead to password protected access for US kernel
> | > developers that need to know? And some kind of NDA?
> |
> | US kernel developers cannot be told. Period.
> |
> | > 'IANAL', and neither are you, are you sure this sillyness is necessary?
> |
> | Its based directly on legal opinion.
>
> And who will be maintaining the world and us-castrated kernel source?
> I can't imagine anything worse for the security of this country than not
> allow computer users access to security issues.

See:
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=01/10/19/1546246&mode=thread
http://www.petitiononline.com/SSSCA/petition.html
http://216.110.42.179/docs/hollings.090701.html

Then complain to Senators Hollings and Stevens; they haven't heard of
the Constitution, maybe someone could remind them.

D. Stimits, stimits@idcomm.com