    SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.20pre10
    Nick LeRoy wrote:

    > On Monday 22 October 2001 11:34, Rik van Riel wrote:
    > > On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, bill davidsen wrote:
    > > > And who will be maintaining the world and us-castrated kernel
    > > > source? I can't imagine anything worse for the security of this
    > > > country than not allow computer users access to security issues.
    > >
    > > Don't worry, there are more than enough kernel hackers
    > > outside of the US to keep maintaining the kernel.
    > >
    > > The worst that could happen is that the US cripples
    > > itself by not allowing the kernel hackers outside the
    > > US to publish security info to people in the US, but
    > > only to the rest of the world.
    > >
    > > That's tough, they're a democratic country, they can
    > > change the law if it hurts them too much.
    >
    > Rik...
    >
    > I *wish* it were that simple. If you don't think that a least some of us
    > *try*, you're kidding yourself. The real problem, IMHO, is that the
    > electorate of our country no longer has any real power or control over the
    > government -- it's the corporations that do. Money talks, so the saying
    > goes. He who has the gold makes the rules.
    >
    > So, please don't punish all of us for the acts of our corrupt system. We
    > just try to make it better in whatever ways we can. FWIW, the ACLU, EEF,
    > etc. are our best hope for a free society.

    In one location, I see senator Hollings listed as party
    "Democrat-Disney". Disney is another spot to boycott, they are trying to
    have Linux and open source o/s's declared illegal to even touch
    copyright media...not as a web server, a home machine, or anything (say
    bye to IBM's Linux efforts). I think the vote for this killer SSSCA is
    somewhere around the 25th of this month, so you better hurry.

    D. Stimits, stimits@idcomm.com

    (PS: I always suspected Mickey Mouse was a member of the Taliban)

    > Thanks
    >
    > -Nick
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:08    [W:0.026 / U:2.240 seconds]