    SubjectRe: Input on the Non-GPL Modules - legal nonsense
    Tim Bird wrote:

    > Ben Greear wrote:

    > > > The fact that it ends up GPL'd to be linked (legal derivative work sense)
    > > > to the GPL'd code so you can link it to either but not both at the same time
    > >
    > > If you own the copyright to the small shim GPL piece, can anyone else
    > > take legal action on your part? If not, then all you have to do is not
    > > sue yourself for the double linkage and no one else can sue you either....
    >
    > I keep hearing this type of reasoning. It flat-out doesn't work
    > this way in the legal system. This is similar to arguing that
    > you didn't really stab someone if you threw the knife instead
    > of holding it. ("But your honor, once the knife left my hand
    > it really wasn't under my control...")

    I'm not advocating this as a good thing to do, but I am curious: Can someone
    else take action against this? I hope the answer is yes. This
    whole thing begins to look like MS's attempts at securing digital music:
    there are just too many ways around it. Either way,
    I've had my say on this topic...and will let it RIP.

    Ben

    Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>
    President of Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com
    ScryMUD: http://scry.wanfear.com http://scry.wanfear.com/~greear